Emerging Minds Journal for Student Research takes academic integrity and originality very seriously. All submitted articles will be checked for plagiarism using reliable plagiarism detection software. The journal adheres to a zero-tolerance policy for any form of plagiarism, including self-plagiarism.
Authors are responsible for ensuring that their work is original and properly cited. Any material that has been previously published or is currently under review by another journal should be properly cited and referenced. If an article is found to have been plagiarized, it will be rejected immediately, and the author(s) might be barred from submitting any future work to the journal.
In case any instances of plagiarism are identified after publication, the journal will take appropriate measures, including retraction of the article, and the author(s) might be barred from submitting any future work to the journal.
The journal encourages all authors to uphold the highest standards of academic integrity and originality in their work.
Emerging Minds Journal for Student Research is committed to upholding the highest standards of publishing ethics. We expect authors, reviewers, and editors to adhere to the following principles:
- Originality: All submissions must be original work and free from any plagiarism or fabrication. Any potential cases of plagiarism will be investigated thoroughly and dealt with accordingly.
- Authorship: Authors must ensure that they have contributed significantly to the work and that all co-authors are listed appropriately. Any changes to authorship must be communicated and agreed upon by all authors.
- Conflict of Interest: Authors, reviewers, and editors must declare any potential conflicts of interest that may affect the work or its review. Any potential conflicts of interest will be evaluated and addressed to ensure the integrity of the work and its review.
- Peer Review: Unless submissions are student projects and coursework already marked by academics with a mark of at least 75%, all submissions will be subjected to rigorous peer review to ensure the quality and validity of the work. Reviewers will be selected based on their expertise and impartiality.
- Transparency: The journal is committed to transparency in its editorial and review processes. Authors can expect to receive clear and constructive feedback from reviewers, and reviewers can expect their feedback to be considered by the editorial team.
- Corrections and Retractions: In the event of errors or omissions in published work, authors must cooperate with the editorial team to make any necessary corrections or retractions in a timely manner.
- Respect for Human Subjects: Research involving human subjects must be conducted in accordance with ethical principles and guidelines. Authors must obtain appropriate informed consent and maintain the privacy and confidentiality of subjects.
We take any allegations of misconduct seriously and will investigate any such claims thoroughly. We reserve the right to take appropriate action, including retracting published work and prohibiting future submissions, in the event of any breaches of these publishing ethics principles.